2015年9月23日 星期三

Porcelain Crab On Sea Pen

The picture below is a Porcelain Crab (Porcellanella haigae) standing on the top of a sea pen. I took this shot during my third diving trip in Dauin, Dumaguete. The gears were Panasonic GF1 + Panasonic 45mm Macro lens + SAGA 20 diopter + double Sea&Sea YS-D1 strobe.















If sea pen is touched or feels something approaching it, it will duck into the sand easily with critters on it. In order not to scare the sea pen and the crab, I tried to minimize my movement. Porcelain crab feeds on plankton using its feathery arms. I wanted to photograph this behavior, so I waited there and only clicked the shutter when the crab opened its "filters".

What else did I see in Dauin this time? Please check:
Third Muck Diving Trip in Dauin, Dumaguete

沒有留言:

張貼留言