2015年8月24日 星期一

Shrimp in Tunicate

The difficult part for me to photograph the shrimp(Odontonia katoi) in a purple tunicate is focus. The size of this kind of tunicate is around 5cm, and how much smaller the shrimp living inside is. Thus, I have to be very close to the tunicate since I use Panasonic 45mm lens plus FIT+10 and FIT+5 diopters underwater. The siphon of a tunicate closes easily when something approaches to it. The third picture below was taken before the siphon closed totally.













In order to take a clearer and more complete picture of the shrimp, I waited there and tried not to have too much movement of my camera. When the tunicate felt no more threat, the siphon opened again. I adjusted the focus and took some shots.














For lighting, I placed two strobes on the both sides of the tunicate. In addition, I set a FIT 2400 video torch in front of the tunicate.

(all pictures are cropped)

沒有留言:

張貼留言