2016年1月7日 星期四

1st Place in 2015 Ocean Art Mirrorless Macro

Ocean Art, held by Underwater Photography Guide, is one of the most famous underwater photography competitions around the world. There were 15 categories in 2015 Ocean Art Competition open to DSLR, Mirrorless and Compact camera users.

I submitted 11 pictures in Mirrorless categories and very luckily won the 1st place of Mirrorless Macro. Thanks to all the judges for giving me this honor. Also thanks for all of my friends’ compliments.












http://www.uwphotographyguide.com/2015-ocean-art-contest-winners#MirrorlessM


This picture was taken in Mactan, Cebu, Philippines in June 2015 when I dove with PCom Dream. The subject is Radial Filefish, scientific name Acreichthys radiatus, which always camouflages in soft coral. The size is around 3-4 cm which is very hard to find without an excellent spotter. Thanks to the dive guides of PCom Dream for giving me the chance to shoot this small fish. I was using 2 diopters that makes the focus distance very short, so I had to be very close to the subject. In order not to scare away this cute little fellow, I kept myself very still. Luckily I had a shot when it looked at my camera.

















Date Taken: 16 May, 2015
Location: Mactan, Philippines
Camera: Panasonic GF1
Lens: Panasonic 45mm Macro
Diopter: FIT(+10)+FIT(+5)
Strobe: 2X Sea&Sea YS-D1
Setting: 1/160, F10, ISO100

High Resolution:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/137511065@N06/24195255576/in/album-72157662555468679/


Hope I can take more pictures and share to everyone in 2016. Let’s meet underwater.


Related Articles:

 Why Double Strobes for Underwater Macro Photography


沒有留言:

張貼留言