2014年9月17日 星期三

How to travel from Cebu to Dumaguete

How to travel from Cebu to Dumaguete?

Departure

When I was planning my trip to Dumaguete, I found out there are three common ways traveling from Cebu City to Dumaguete:

1. Go to Cebu South Bus Terminal and take the bus heading for Bato which departs every 30 minutes. Take off at Li-loan Port and take hourly ferry to Sibulan Port in  Dumaguete.

2. Go to Cebu City Pier and take ferry to Tagbilaran Port in Bohol. From there transfer another ferry going to Dumaguete.

Both options cost less than P500 for one way but take more than 5 hours to reach the destination. Because my holiday was short, I decided to go for the third and easiest way. I took Cebu Pacific flight from Cebu to Dumaguete which cost me P1,815 because I was able to get the promo ticket at that time.

The plane is a small propeller aircraft. The departure time is 10:20am, and the flight time is 40 minutes. It starts to descend just few minutes after reaching the flight attitude. In other words, the passengers don't have the chance to loosen the seat belts.













Like many domestic airports here in the Philippines, this one is small and simple. I hadn't been to Dumaguete, so I booked a van transportation from the diving shop(P700 one way). The driver were already in front of the arrival gate while I was waiting for my luggage. Actually, most of the popular diving sites are not near Dumaguete City, instead, a town named Dauin where most of the diving shops located in. It's 30 minutes away from the airport by car.


















Return:

Go to Sibulan Port --> Buy Ferry Ticket --> Take Ferry --> Take Bus --> Cebu South Bus Terminal  

Because I had planned to dive one more time in the morning of travelling back to Cebu, I had no chance to fly back. I returned to Cebu by the boat and the bus like I mentioned above.

I asked the shop to book a van for me going to Sibulan Port( P800 one way); it takes around 40 minutes. There is one ticketing counter for the "pumpbaot" and another is for the "fastcraft". I took the fastcraft which departs hourly and costs P62. The sea was calm although the weather turned to cloudy on that day.


































The ferry arrived at Li-loan Port in Cebu around 30 minutes after the departure. The buses of CERES LINER were waiting there for the passengers. The ticketing personnel guided me to one of the buses, so I realized the number in the back of my ferry ticket was the order of the buses. I was a little surprised that this connective transportation is such well-organized so the passengers don't need to rush to the buses for getting the seats. The bus I took was fully-occupied at the port, so the driver didn't stop too many times to pick up the passengers beside the road. Moreover, there was only a little traffic jam when we were close to the city, so we only traveled for around three and half hours to South Bus Terminal.















I feel like it's the same distance travelling to Dumaguete with Malapascua from Cebu City. I had known this place too late, otherwise I could go to Malapascua when I miss Thresher Shark and travel to Dumaguete if I miss small stuffs. (Sounds like I have holidays very often.)

沒有留言:

張貼留言