2014年9月2日 星期二

Why do I like to dive with Fun and Sun

Because of working in Cebu recently, I am able to go diving more often. However, I usually only have one day off every week, so I mostly go to Mactan for diving day trip. It takes only 20 to 30 minutes by taxi from my place in Cebu.















In case there is no special reason, I mostly go diving with Fun and Sun. Let me introduce their prices first:
Fun Dive: P1000 / dive
Gears Rental: P500 / day
Sanctuary Fee: P 100~300 / dive (depends on the dive sites)














If you have experienced diving in Mactan, you might know this is not the cheapest price. I, a budget-limited diver, also want to save as much as possible from diving. But the followings are my reasons why I like to go with Fun and Sun:

1. Spacious Diving Boat:
Most of the diving shops here use pumpboat for the diving trips, which can be various in size. One time I dove with a cheaper shop, and the boat only could accommodate six of us. We couldnt even stand straightly on the boat. That was a uncomfortable trip. Fun and Sun has their own big boats, which I think the minimum capacity is 15 or more. Even there are only 5 divers, they still assign the big boat for the diving trip. I believe their purpose is providing their customers cozy trips. Most of the time, we can find a spot to lie down and take a rest between dives.
















2. Worthy dive time:
Some shops here have big percentages of customers who are study-abroad students and experience SCUBA diving at the first time. They might get used to cater these beginner divers and have known that they would be happy enough when they see a lot of fish underwater. I dove with this kind of shops couple of times. The dive guides only swam ahead of us and finding nothing. As a micro critters lover, I am not satisfied with this situation. And the total dive times were usually 30 to 40 minutes, which sometimes I still had 100 bar in my tank when I surfaced. The dive masters of Fun and Sun always try their best to find small stuffs for us, and sometimes our dive times reach 60 minutes as long we have enough air.
















3. Delicious BBQ Lunch on the Boat
When we go diving trip with Fun and Sun, we usually depart from the shop at 9am. We have lunch on the boat after 2 dives and do the last dive after taking a break. We say the most important part of the diving trip is lunch because all of us are starving after 2 dives. If you dont want to prepare lunch by yourself, you can reserve their BBQ lunch from the shop, which is P350 per head. The fresh ingredients are prepared by the shop and brought on the boat. When we do the second dive, the boatmen control the time and grill our lunch on the boat. Right after we finish the dive, we can have hot meal. How wonderful is that.
















4. Accept individual diver:
Actually I dont have many friends here who like diving. I met all my dive buddies I have now in Fun and Sun. Of course they cant provide a boat for only one diver for the boat dives, however, they often have a Diving Open Boat during weekends for individual divers or small groups. They put us on the same boat and go diving together. When the number of the divers is small, they usually bring us to Talima, Olango or Mactan Coast for the dives. If the number is bigger, they bring us to the further dive sites, such as Hilutungan or Nalusuan. If you are a solo diver like me, why dont you contact Fun and Sun to ask them if has an open-boat schedule matches your diving vacation in Mactan, Cebu?
















Fun and Sun is located at Punta Engano, Mactan. You can tell the driver to go to Be Resort, Mactan. After passing Be Resort, go straight about 100 meters and turn right to the pier. You can see the shop easily at the left hand side. Aside from the shop in Mactan, Cebu, they also have the shops in Malapascusa and Coron, Palawan. Please contact them directly if you need further information.


E-mail: info@funsundivetravel.com











沒有留言:

張貼留言