2014年9月7日 星期日

Flamboyant Cuttlefish in Dauin Coast

I went to Dauin, Philippine for a diving trip in August, 2014. One of the best critters I saw was Flamboyant Cuttlefish which I had wanted to see for a long time.


Like other cuttlefishes, it changes colors in diffident circumstances. Moreover, Flamboyant cuttlefish, like its name, is sort of the most colorful one. When they hunt, they mostly appear dark purple. They can also change to similar colors to surroundings to blend themselves in. Most fabulous one is they show yellow and pink pattern when they are alert. Its very difficult for me to describe this phenomenon by words.















In order to present their beauty, I took few videos and combined them to a short one. If you dont mind of the bad quality (shaking, out of focus), please check this video:


PS.
Flamboyant Cuttlefish is poisonous. Please dont touch this lovely creature if you are lucky to see one.
(Of course, please dont touch any wild animal.)

沒有留言:

張貼留言