2014年12月17日 星期三

Dive in Cabilao, Bohol (Resort)

There are 3 major diving resorts on Cabilao Island which are La Estrella Beach Resort, Polaris Beach Resort and Sea Explores. I sent my inquiries to three of them and got the fastest and clearest information from La Estrella, thus, I chose to dive with La Estrella eventually.














Electricity
Before arriving there, I heard people on the island could only use electricity during particular time, so I prepared myself to have inconvenient life for few day. However, when I reached the resort, I found there was power and couldn't hear any sound of generator. The staff of the resort said they have been provided 24HR electricity since April, 2014. That's really a good news and gives more convenience to the local residents and tourists.



Accommodation
There are four types of the rooms which are all fan rooms. I stayed in Double Bungalow and they offered me P 1,520 per night for single occupancy including the breakfast due to the off-peak season. The room contains one double bed, two bedside cabinets, one closet and one fan which is simple but enough. Speaking of the bathroom, it only has cool shower water, and the resort only provides the soap and the towel. I suggest everyone to prepare other toiletries before going to the island.
















Dining
The restaurant of the resort is between the beach and the accommodation area. The staffs are very enthusiastic, but not bothering. They only had few guests during those days, so it's a very quiet and comfortable dining environment. There are Filipino and western styles in the complimentary breakfast menu. I always ordered Americano breakfast which are toast, bacon, egg and coffee. The highlight is that coffee which is not 3-in-1 instant coffee but made of nice coffee powder. And they not only provided me a cup of coffee but half pot of it that I couldn't even finished all. There are various meal choices in the menu, however, the ingredient supply is not so stable in the island so sometimes they couldn't provide all kinds of the dishes. The prices of the set dishes are around P280 to P 350 which are a little more expensive than other places, but it's reasonable because they need to ship most of the ingredients from mainland Cebu or Bohol. Polaris Beach Resort is in the walking distance from La Estrella along the beach. I only had my meals in La Estrella, so I have no idea about food and environment somewhere else.















Internet
I am using Smart Buddy mobile internet in the Philippines, and I could badly access 3G signal in the area of the resort. However, the resort provides Free WiFi in the restaurant which is good enough for browsing and messaging. The room I stayed is around 30 meters away from the restaurant, and I could access weak WiFi signal in the room. One time we dove in front of Sea Explores which is on the other side of the island. Before that, I checked my cell phone and got good 3G signal. 















The dive center is called Cabilao Dive Center. The following is basic price list:
1. Dive: P 1,300 / dive
2. Environment collects: P 150 / day

Other cost:
1. Gears rental: P 650 / day
2. 32% Nitrox: P 260 / tank (need to reserve)
3. Sanctuary fee: P 100 / dive (only when dive in sanctuary)
4. Night dive: P 200 / dive

















Owner Ms. Estrella is a very friendly lady. If you need more information, you can email her directly:
info@laestrella.ph

沒有留言:

張貼留言